Monday, February 2, 2015

1-25-15
So, I don't have much to report on. This last week was pretty standard. We woke up, did some work, went to bed. The days are all mixed together and every time another Weekly Planning session or Correlation Meeting comes around I think back over the last seven days and can't remember where they went. It's been almost three and a half months! The weeks are going like hotcakes. Except, here, "chicken feet" would be far more appropriate.
 
One funny story; Just about everyone is busy here, as you probably know by now. They are all mhdakhaahn, or, gonsihgaan. When we are street finding and they say that, we just have to keep walking with them and trying to talk to them. A response we get a lot of the time is, "Wan daihyihgo yahn," which means, "Go find the second person," essentially, "Go talk to someone else." Something Elder Barker told me to say is, "Keihsaht, ngoh taausin yauh wan daihyatgo yahn. Keuih gong bei ngoh teng, wan daihyihgo yahn. Gam, leih haih daihyihgo yahn."
 
All of that means, "I just talked with one person, and they told me to go find the second person. So, you are the second person." It's pretty funny, and a lot of people laugh.
 
I'm still doing good and learning a lot. Things are difficult, I won't lie, but conquering easy tasks doesn't mean much.
 
 I love you guys. Hope you have a fantastic week, and thank you for the good Happy Birthday wishes. I literally almost forgot this morning. One year older and wiser to, right? Actually, that's kind of hard to do when you're already at maximum capacity.

P.S. I hate to ask for anything because I know that shipping costs so much, but spices here are extremely expensive. I was wondering, if possible, you could put together a few of the usuals for me?
























No comments:

Post a Comment