Monday, December 15, 2014

12-01-14

This week was epic! Or, rather, Gamgo singkeih hou faeseunghou! (It's annoying typing Canto without the accents.) In any case, Thanksgiving was altogether different than every other thanksgiving I've ever had. The food wasn't that great, and we didn't get to eat a whole lot of it, but that was fairly insignificant compared to the rest of everything that happened.

Firstly, On Monday, when we went to gym, President Hacking (Second Counselor in the MTC Presidency) came by and asked for a few volunteers to help move all of the items for the week's service project. I was a little hesitant at first, mostly because gym time is super rare and super important, but Elder Beresford and I decided to go after all. We got to ride palette movers around for an hour or so. Needless to say, it was fun.

On Tuesday Elder Oaks came for the devotional, and gave a really good talk. I don't have my notes, but I received a bit of personal revelation and it helped me a lot. Then on Thursday, for Thanksgiving, we had a really fun Program which involved some amazing performances by other missionaries. Elder Bednar came for the Devotional and we got to have a Q&A session with him. The best part was that we sent our questions to his I-pad via cellphones. Everyone was freaking out, as if he was asking us to do something forbidden. I was a little disappointed because most of the questions that got asked could be answered with common sense, and they just got asked to be asked, but it was still good. And then we got to watch Meet the Mormons, which was as good as the first time.

And then, yesterday, Vocal Point came for the Sunday Devotional and performed for us. It was pretty sweet. All in all, a very good and successful week. 

We are all officially freaking out now that we only have two weeks left. We should get our flight plans sometime this week. Hopefully all of our Visas and paperwork are sorted out. I have prayed every nights since arriving at the MTC that we will have no problems, so, if my faith isn't sufficient, then, I don't know what to do. Actually, God will probably make my Visa have issues just because I said that.


I love you all so freaking much. I can't express how much I've changed in the last seven weeks. My heart has been softened greatly. I know that great things are in coming in the future for our family. Gaaiyauh! (Spelled it wrong the last time.)

Love, Da Smoe

P.S. I get to call at the airport, if you don't already now, and depending upon departure times and such, we might have upwards of two hours. Not that you'll want to talk for that long, but next Monday I will send you my travel plans so you can plan for that. And then we get to skype a week and a half after that.



No comments:

Post a Comment